PARK(ing) Day Arrives on Magnolia
Oct 08, 2018
Every year in hundreds of cities around the world, PARK(ing) Day takes place as a global experiment in reclaiming and reprogramming parking spaces for people. In September 2018, it was held in Fort Worth for the first time.
On September 28 (after a one-week delay due to weather), Magnolia Avenue was host to 17 parklets designed by local design firms, businesses, and community organizations. From 11 am until 9 pm, these spaces welcomed passers-by to stop and sit, play a game, or engage in an activity. Judges were also taking a look at the parklets during the day, and the best parklet winner will be named at ArtsGoggle, on Saturday, October 20.
Thank you to all of our participants in PARK(ing) Day 2018!
- Brandon Allen Architecture (in partnership with Kendall Davis Clay)
- Dunaway Associates (in partnership with Grand Cru)
- Elements of Architecture
- GFF Architects
- Halff Associates
- Huitt-Zollars, Inc. (in partnership with MELT)
- Kimley Horn
- Linbeck Group
- Magnolia Skate Shop
- McCarthy Building Co.
- MMA, Inc. and SPSD (in partnership with Great Harvest Bread Co.)
- Pacheco Koch (in partnership with GROW)
- Panther City Vinyl
- Quorum Architects
- Shield Engineering (in partnership with Wanderer Boutique)
- TBG and Philip Newburn Architecture (in partnership with Craftwork and Greenhouse 817)
- Texas Jewish Art Association
- UTA American Society of Landscape Architects